If I had a dollar for every time I heard the phrase “Being vegan must be so hard!” or “I could never give up cheese!”, I’d probably have enough money to buy a private island by now. But let me tell you, being a vegan snack enthusiast has never been easier!
In this blog post, I’ll share with you some of my all-time favorite easy vegan snack recipes that have even my hardcore carnivore friends drooling and asking for seconds.
Before we dive into these delectable recipes, let’s have a moment to address the elephant in the room: why go vegan? Well, aside from the obvious ethical concerns tied to animal welfare, veganism has been proven to offer some pretty impressive health benefits as well.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, for example, found that vegans tend to have lower cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and a lower risk of heart disease than meat eaters. Not to mention the environmental benefits that come along with consuming less (or no) animal products.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce (Frank’s RedHot is my go-to)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter, making sure each piece is coated evenly.
- Transfer the cauliflower pieces to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix together the Buffalo sauce and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, dip each piece into the sauce mixture, then place back on the baking sheet and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with your favorite vegan ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping, and enjoy!
2. Vegan Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1 medium potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and cubed)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can diced green chilies
Steam the potato and carrot until tender (approximately 15 minutes).
In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked veggies, nutritional yeast, water, olive oil, garlic and onion powder, salt, turmeric, and paprika. Blend until creamy and smooth as silk. You might even mistake it for real cheese!
Next, stir in those diced green chilies to give it that extra zing!
Transfer the mixture into a bowl and serve it up with some tortilla chips, sliced cucumbers, or baby carrots. Trust me, your tastebuds will thank you!
3.EASY PEASY VEGAN BROWNIES
Oh. My. Goodness. Are you sitting down? Because I’m about to drop some chocolatey knowledge on you!
Imagine biting into the most fudgy, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth brownie… and now picture it being VEGAN!
Yep, it’s possible. #MindBlown
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips… the more, the merrier!
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×9-inch baking pan.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, water, and vanilla extract.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing just until smooth.
Stir in those glorious chocolate chips.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
Let cool, cut into squares, and brace yourself for a flavor explosion!
4. Avocado Toast with a Twist
Hold up, you say avocado toast is basic? Not the way we do it!
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Optional: 1 clove garlic, minced
- Optional: A few cherry tomatoes, halved
- Toast those bread slices until they’re crisp and golden!
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and mix it with lemon juice, salt, and optional garlic.
- Spread this heavenly green mixture onto your toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Take a bite and ascend to avocado toast Nirvana!
5. Vegan Energy Balls
No oven? No problem! These energy balls are the perfect grab-and-go snack.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter you like)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls about an inch in diameter.
- Pop ’em in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Voila! Vegan Energy Balls ready to power your day!
6. Vegan Apple Nachos
Yessiree, you read that right—Apple Nachos! It’s the kind of snack that has you doing a double-take. Sweet, healthy, and undeniably fun.
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Optional: A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle almond butter all over the apple slices.
- Scatter the vegan chocolate chips and shredded coconut on top.
- Optional: Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon for that extra pizzazz!
Why You NEED These Vegan Snacks In Your Life!
- Health Factor: We already touched on this, but it’s worth repeating. Vegan snacks are generally healthier, chock-full of nutrients, and lower in saturated fats.
- Environmentally-Friendly: Let’s not forget, every vegan meal is a high-five to Mother Earth!
- Flavor, Flavor, Flavor: These recipes are proof that you can indulge without giving up on taste. Seriously, your non-vegan friends won’t even know the difference!
- Skill Improvement: Want to impress at your next potluck or family gathering? Whip up one of these bad boys, and you’ll not only expand your culinary repertoire but become the talk of the town!
Can you believe how easy and delectable vegan snacking can be? So what are you waiting for?
These scrumptious vegan snack recipes that are bound to make you the life of any party or just a hero in your own kitchen. Remember, it’s not just about ditching animal products; it’s about embracing a lifestyle that’s good for you, the animals, and our beautiful planet